“Don’t go out with your hair wet so you don’t catch a cold.” “Wearing a bra to bed will make your breasts sag” “Chicken noodle soup is the best medicine for a cold” Those are just a sampling of health tips our moms passed down to us. Mama knows best even if her health tips were based off some old wives tale.
20 years from now, our children would probably laugh out loud while recounting some of our own health tips. The next generation always thinks itself as smarter, don’t they? In honor of Mother’s Day we invite you to participate in the Health Tips My Mom Taught Me contest. The winner gets a bouquet of flowers sent to her mom (if still living) or to her (if mom has passed on).
Rules of Engagement
1. Fill out this form– also available below, leaving a health tip your mom taught you. Upload a single picture of you and your mom (optional).
2. We will post each health tip on the Healthgist Facebook page through Mother’s Day.
3. On Friday, May 9th, 2014, we will hold a vote on Facebook.
4. The Health tip/picture with the most votes wins the bouquet of flowers for mom or her for Mother’s Day.
1. You have to be over 18 to participate in the contest.
2. You are allowed to get family & friends to vote for you.